Members of the DoD/NASA supply chain who handle Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI ) have new Cyber DFARS compliance requirements. These new requirements have sparked conversations among Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) directors. Specifically, the question on the table is, “How do we help our suppliers address their compliance efforts this year?”
The deadline for compliance with DFARS 252.204-7012 is December 31, 2017. Those who fail to comply by the deadline may face consequences, which could include:
- Breach of contract clauses in a government contract or subcontract
- Liquidated damages
- Termination for default
- Termination for convenience
- Poor past performance ratings by the government
We, at NCMEP, have made it our mission to support our suppliers with their compliance efforts by the deadline to help safeguard from such consequences. Actions we have taken, and will continue to execute upon, include:
- Partnering with the Automation Federation to raise awareness of the compliance deadline.
- Identifying other partners who can help provide solutions to address your compliance needs.
As we progress, we will strengthen our tools, partnerships and expertise needed to assist you in addressing your compliance requirements to protect your company from repercussions. If you would like to learn more, contact us while there is still time to act!