The North Carolina Manufacturing Extension Partnership (NCMEP), which is part of the Hollings Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP), is the only public-private partnership to serve U.S. manufacturers. NCMEP helps hundreds of manufacturers in North Carolina increase profits, create jobs and establish a foundation for long-term business growth and productivity.
Since 2000, NCMEP activities have led to:
- $4.9 billion in economic impact
- with 34,504 jobs being created and/or retained.
Over the past fiscal year to date, NCMEP has helped companies to:
- create and/or retain 8572 jobs
- generate an economic impact of $607 million
In 2016, NCMEP helped North Carolina manufacturers:
- create and/or retain 4995 jobs
- generate an economic impact of $933.5 million