- This event has passed.
Model-Based Enterprise Summit 2018
April 2, 2018 - April 5, 2018
The goal of the MBE Summit is to identify challenges, research, implementation issues, and lessons learned in manufacturing and quality assurance where a digital three-dimensional (3D) model of the product serves as the authoritative information source for all activities in a product’s lifecycle. The theme of the 2018 MBE Summit is Empowering the Digital Transformation with an Integrated Lifecycle. The model-based community has moved beyond the question of “why is MBE important” to “how do we deploy MBE?” This Summit (the ninth of the series) is focused on empowering the industrial shift to MBE with recommend practices and how-to guidance. Academia, government, and industry are encouraged to submit papers and/or presentation abstracts for topics related to this year’s theme. Example topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Inter-domain (e.g., design to manufacturing to quality) linked-data and analytics
- Verification and Validation of model-based artifacts and technologies
- MBE capabilities management and assessment
- Standards needs for MBE and Digital Thread
- Workforce acceptance, training, and education
- Industry implementations of MBE and ROI case studies
The 2018 MBE Summit will feature four technical tracks:
- Systems Engineering and Lifecycle Management
- Design Recommended Practice and Model-based Definition
- Model-based Manufacturing
- Model-based Quality and Inspection
Participants from academia, government, and industry are encouraged to submit papers and/or presentation abstracts for topics related to this year’s theme. The submission deadline is January 12, 2018. For further details, please see https://easychair.org/cfp/MBE2018 (link is external).