- This event has passed.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) Seminar
June 21, 2018 | 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Presented by the Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina and Allocca Enterprises, Inc.
Sponsored by North Carolina Manufacturing Extension Partnership (NCMEP)
This seminar will help you understand what ITAR is and how it may govern your defense-related exports. This class is ideal for beginners and those new to ITAR and is also a refresher course for those who have never had any formal training in ITAR.
- Understanding your role and responsibility as an exporter of defense products, services and technical data.
- Learning who a US person and who is subject to ITAR.
- Learning what the US Munitions list (USML) is and how to look up your product.
- Review different license types, exemptions, and what to expect if you require a license.
- What D-Trade is and how you use it.
- What is involved in the application process and how long it will take.
- Understanding responsibilities between buyer and seller in terms of risk, obligation and costs.
- Record-keeping requirements- what they are and strategies on how to comply.
- Understanding how to comply with manufacturing license and technical assistance agreements.
- How to avoid violations, penalties and administrative procedures.
Seating is limited, Registration is required.
To register, contact: Joyce Spivey, email@example.com 919-447-7785