- This event has passed.
International Documentation Training
March 5 | 8:30 am - 4:30 pmFree
Presented by the Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina & Allocca Enterprises
Many companies are exposing themselves unnecessarily to shipment delays, customs audits and demurrage charges because there is incomplete or inaccurate documentation for the shipment. This program will help you understand when and how you should be filling out international documents listed below. We will go through each document step by step.
- NAFTA Certificates of Origin – Common errors, when you should/ shouldn’t fill one out
- Correct procedures to fill out Commercial invoices, Packing Lists, Bills of Lading, SED’s, Certificates of Origin, Dock receipts and Fish & Wildlife
- Explanation of Shippers Export Declaration (SED) form requirements
- Documents you can use to reduce delays, eliminate demurrage and shorten your product cycle
- Overview of a DCS Statement and why you should be using it on all domestic and international invoices
- Explanation of what “Legalization of documents” means, and which countries require it
- Pre-Shipment Inspections – Who requires them and how should they be done?
This full day training is eligible for (6) NASBITE-CGBP ReCertification CEU’s.
No Registration Fee
Program includes all reference material & lunch
Seating is limited and registration is required.