- This event has passed.
Export Compliance Training
March 7, 2017 | 8:30 am - 4:30 pm$225
Presented by the Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina & Allocca Enterprises
This full day training is eligible for (6) NASBITE-CGBP Re-Certification CEU’s.
Who should attend?
Manufacturing Personnel including: Purchasing managers, plant managers, shipping/ receiving personnel, compliance officers, ISO managers, sales managers, traffic managers, and any manufacturer involved with export compliance.
• Using due diligence-reviewing the 6 lists from denied parties to sanctioned countries
• Knowing your customer – asking these 5 questions to understand common red flags
• Terms of sale vs. terms of payment – using the correct incoterm
• Country specific requirements –Legalization, preshipment inspection, wood packaging
• Export documentation – what you are required to fill out and retain
• How to determine if an export license is required, do your products qualify for NAFTA treatment?, is your HTS # correct?, where do you find this information?
• Insurance, packaging, record-keeping strategies and responsibilities
• FCPA (Foreign Corrupt Practices Act) – how does this affect me?
Upon completion of this program, you will be aware of the new export security requirements for all exporters. You will have an 11 point checklist to guide you to full compliance on every export. You will become aware of the required 7 lists that must be checked on all exports, and understand what common red flags mean to you. Program recipients will review the 5 questions that you are required to know about your customer in every export transaction and discuss strategies on how to implement these into your organization.
Seating is limited, and registration is required.
• Registration fee of $225 will be waived for all NC Manufacturers.
• Maximum of 2 representatives per company.
• Program includes all reference material & lunch.
Register with Jennifer Beichner: (919) 447-7785 Jennnifer.firstname.lastname@example.org