- This event has passed.
EDPNC Seminar: Introduction to NAFTA & the 3 Free Trade Agreements
June 25 | 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
This program will help you achieve full compliance with all NAFTA regulations. You will know where to go and what to look for to determine if your products qualify for the benefits of NAFTA. Most companies are exposed unnecessarily to NAFTA penalties. You will have an overview of the 3 new FTA’s (Colombia, South Korea & Panama).
- Understand how to determine if your products qualify for NAFTA
- Learn how to use the NAFTA Rules of Origin – AKA Annex 401
- Specific Rules of Origin – How to determine if your product qualifies
- NAFTA Certificates of Origin – Common errors, when to fill one out
- Understand preference criteria A-F. How to determine which one your goods qualify for
- Supporting documentation – How do you obtain one, and when should you use a manufacturer’s affidavit
- Formulas for determining regional value content or a change in tariff classification
- De Minimis – What does this mean, why is it important to you
- HS tariff classification – Is your code accurate, where do you get one
- Producer vs Exporter – What are the rules
- Fungible goods and materials – What are they and how does this affect you
This full-day training is eligible for (6) NASBITE-CGBP Re-Certification CEU’s.
Who should attend?
Traffic managers, purchasing managers, sales department, shipping/receiving personnel, compliance officers, financial officers, sales managers, customer service managers and anyone involved/concerned with international shipments.
SEATING IS LIMITED AND REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED.
Register with Joyce Spivey: